Conformance and validation¶
- A conforming implementation may use only a subset of this specification’s terms.
- It must not use terms from outside this specification’s terms where this specification’s terms would suffice.
- It may use terms from outside this specification’s terms where this specification’s terms are insufficient.
- Its usage of this specification’s terms must be consistent with the semantics of those terms.
- If an implementation serializes to JSON, its serializations must validate against this specification’s JSON Schema.
(Statement adapted from Popolo Project specification)
Extending the schema¶
Publishers providing additional properties in their implementations are encouraged to document these in the project issue tracker with the ‘extensions’ tag, and to re-use other publisher’s extensions where possible.
No public validator available for the beta release is currently available.
The current schema includes minimal validation requirements, and should be treated as a guide to data structure, rather than a full validation schema.